5 Unusual Bed Bug Hiding Places & How to Avoid Them?
The bed bug is one of the hardest pests to get rid of, these species cannot be found easily as they are smaller in size. If anyone finds the signs of bed bugs, usually they will search in their mattress and furniture beds. There is a number of places where these bugs can hide without any disturbance. Those places will be easy to wipe and clean, but you do not think about those specific places. These bugs are harmful to human health, your beloved pets, and children, that these species will suck the blood from a single bite like mosquitoes. They are also a major cause of the spread of many diseases, so they should be identified and treated earlier. In this article, we will discuss the 5 unusual bed bug hiding places and how to avoid them.
5 Unusual Bed Bug Hiding Places
- Stuffed Meat
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Alarm Clocks
- Picture Frames and Ceiling
The above mentioned are some of the unusual bed bugs hiding places, these places will not be on your list to identify them. You could have moved and crossed for many places, and you do not know where the bed bugs will stay and hide.
As humans travel to many places, you do not know about the infestation in a particular place. Though these species are tiny the purse can act as a safe place for them to hide. If you keep your purse in-ground or near any furniture or mattress, there is a high chance of bed bugs getting inside and travel with you.
Meat is the perfect food and place for bed bugs. If you get flesh from the outside shop, it has a higher chance of getting an infection. You cannot find the food from any hotel is hygienic or not, if it’s not then the food will be dangerous to your health.
Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Though these bugs will travel and roam at the night, bulbs will be the safest place for them to hide. It is not safer for any electrical circuit to have a living being, that it can cause short circuits and damage the electrical equipment.
The alarm sound will affect only the sleep of humans, but not the insects. Though bed bugs are working at night-time, the alarm sound will not affect them. The alarm clock will be one of the safest places to hide because, people usually place the clock near the bed, and it is easy for them to jump on the clock.
Picture Frame and Ceiling
When you are under the cleaning process, the bed bugs will try to escape, and the photo frame on the walls and table can be a good home for them. There will be a small gap and it is enough for them to hide. Usually, bed bugs stay on the ceiling as it will be safer for them.
How to Avoid Bed Bugs from the Unusual Hiding Places?
- Try to keep your belongings with you and do not place them on the ground, road, or any unusual places.
- Cooking in a home by cleaning the meat with hot water will eliminate the presence of micro-organisms
- Always clean your clothes and other products and enter your home, this habit will not allow any insects inside your place
- Keep the other products away from your bed and furniture
- Vacuuming your purse, or bags will eliminate the bed bugs from your belongings
- Deep clean your house without any leftovers will help to identify and sweep out the entire population.
- Make use of DIY methods like naphthalene balls which produce a heavy smell and avoids the presence of bed bugs.
- Hire a professional pest control service, the experts will help you to get rid of bed bugs in your home from the unusual hiding places.